December 6, 2012
Merry Christmas from the Management of the Advanced Stamford International School!
The Advanced Stamford International School in accordance with our School Food Policy is now distributing to you an excerpt taken from the School’s Policies, Rules and Regulation Manual. Parent’s Manual will be given to you at the onset of the Second Quarter as we are revising because of the opening of Grade 1 and Grade 2. The following are our Food Policy:
- The School is providing your children with healthy and nutritious food menu specially designed to suit the growth and development of the kids. Our Food Policy is rooted on the program designed by the United States Department of Agriculture as a Nutrition Teaching Tool for Children with its slogan, “GO, GROW, GLOW FOODS FOR YOU”. What does this slogan means?
- Go Foods are the Carbohydrates rich-foods that give people the basic energy necessary to go through their day. It helps the children to run, jump and play longer in a day. Go foods include the following: bread, rice, pasta, muffins, wheat bran, corn, oatmeal, spaghetti, crackers, pastries, pizza, porridge, doughnut, cake, popcorn. Other High-Energy foods are avocado, almond, raisins, dates, currant, wallnuts, sunflower seeds and potatoes.
- Grow Foods are Protein-Rich Foods that contain amino acids necessary to build muscles, enzymes, hormones, body structures and parts of the immune system. Grow foods are not only important to growing children to grow strong and bigger, but necessary for adults to repair injuries and keep building strong muscles. Examples of Grow Foods are: animal meat, fishes, dairy products, chicken, soy products, nuts, beans and legumes, eggs, and tofu. High protein dairy products include cheddar cheese, cottage cheese milk, milk, yogurt and sour cream. High-protein meat includes chicken, tuna, salmon, sardines, turkey, pork, beef and lamb.
- Glow Foods are the foods that let people feel healthy and enhances the quality and glow of our skin, hair shiny, and eyes sparkle. Many fruits and vegetables are Glow Foods. They
- contain many of the vitamins and minerals that help fight illness. Go foods include fresh or frozen oranges, cauliflower, mangoes, apples, pineapple, squash, carrots, peas, grapefruit, guava, papaya, banana, grapes, pomegranate, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelon, broccoli, brussels sprout, carrots, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, lettuce, celery, raddish, brocolli, onion, and green beans. Dark, green leafy vegetables are especially high in vitamins.
- The school is discouraging parents to send food containing too much sugar as cakes and chocolates and salty food to avoid the onset of future possible illnesses to your children.
- Also, the school discouraged parents to send to their children junk foods as these are not healthy food usually containing artificial coloring and flavoring which are harmful to the children’s health.
- Please make sure that your child had breakfast before coming to class or bring his/her food for breakfast and the Assistant Teachers will assist them.
- Have your child/children always with them his/their water bottle with their own water for safety and hygiene purposes.
- Should there be any kind of food that your child has allergic reaction, kindly inform the administration office for our guidance.
- Please send us written notes on special dietary restrictions of your child if there is any so that we will be guided accordingly.
- Occasionally, we may have celebration events such as birthday or thanksgiving, so that children may bring other food aside from the school regular food.
- As part of the school’s counterpart to the growth and development of the children, parents are expected to provide well-balanced, nutritional snacks and meals for their children so that we will be consistent in instilling good food values to the minds of our children.
This guideline is given to you so that we can work hand-in-hand in achieving the goals that we set for a maximum growth and development of our children.
Thank you for your usual support to the goals and objectives of the Advanced Stamford International School. Long Live Cambodia!
SALVACION C. DEQUITO, PhD.
Principal, Advanced Stamford International School
Telephone No. 077644531